Monday 28 November 2016

Here I Go Again On My Own... Kinda

Good morning, afternoon, or evening. 

Wherever you are in the world, I greet you with open arms and a smile.

Tonight I made a huge decision. A decision that a lot of people will frown upon without hesitation. They will share comments of negativity and some will congratulate me and wish me luck. Some people might want to join me occasionally!

I've decided to visit cities and experience new things. All on my own.

This past week has been a bit of an eye opener for me. I've been feeling so much emotion, so much more than I can handle recently. Life is too short, and when I'm 10 years older, I'll look back and want to love the fact I traveled a little bit, tried new foods and learned about different cultures and ways of living.

I've watched people travel and concur their dreams. I know people who travel for work whether it's in a band, solo or business, I admire that. I love the fact they get that opportunity. The thing is, I want to make this opportunity mine, grasp it with both hands, and embrace it.

I constantly think about booking a flight and just doing it! Going away for a couple of days and why not?!

Someone told me yesterday, why put something off until tomorrow when you can just do it today? That's seriously made me think about what my year is going to look like in 2017. I see a lot of posts about 'New Year, New Me', I see the posts and they try for a couple of weeks and then revert to old ways. I've even caught myself doing exactly that. This year I put off and cancelled so many plans when I should have just went and did them anyway.
Never put off your plans!

Let me give you a sneak peek as to what I want my 2017 to look like:

- I'm releasing my first published book in January.
- I'm visiting Bordeaux, Rotterdam (hopefully), Amsterdam, and the beautiful city of New York.
- I'm hoping to release a second book around Autumn time.
- I want to pass my driving test. 
- I want to experience new foods and wine! Lots and lots of wine!
- I want to do touristy things, like a wine tasting tour and a beer factory!
- I want to visit the streets of 'Rue Ste Catherine' for a shopping experience.
- I want to go to Oktoberfest!
- I want to take so many photographs and share them with you all. 

So that's just a short list for 2017 but who said that you can't make that list and stick to it too?

I want you all to share your lists with me. Tell me what you want and can do for 2017.  Surprise yourself.

Have a pleasant week! 

Cat 
@shotgunkitten_



No comments:

Post a Comment