Tuesday 8 November 2016

Reflection on Family

Hi everyone, 

I hope this week has been quick for you all!

As Bonfire season comes quickly to an end, we begin to welcome the festive with open arms. Well some of us do anyway. 

The festive season is a busy one and when it comes to contact with family or friends sometimes we can be careless. The reason I say careless isn't in a bad way or that you do not care, but that we get overwhelmed with the busy period, we don't keep in touch with the people that are close to us. We forget to make the call and sometimes we just don't make the call at all. 

Families are a nightmare. Families go through periods of annoying each other about who had taken the last biscuit and get so overwhelmed that they stop talking. It's times like these where we should put these petty differences aside and begin to rebuild the bridge we burned all that time ago. 

I spoken to a man in the street a few weeks ago. A man who was homeless, lost everything, his home, money, and family. His reasons to others would be selfish and unkind to us. But with less judgemental eyes and ears, we should listen and be thankful that we have the love of family and the warmth of a home during the festive period. 

The point in trying to make this week and every other week is pick up that phone and ring that number. Switch on that computer and find that person that you miss, make amends. As stubborn as I can be, I am forever grateful for my family and friends and I don't think I can be without them. 

Regardless of what had happened, reach out and make contact. There are people out there who long for a chat, even for five minutes. 

I hope everyone has a pleasant week. <3

Peace!
Cx 

1 comment: