Wednesday 7 December 2016

On a Festive Note...

Hello everyone!

It's hump day, the day most people start to wind down towards the weekend.

This week has been a strange one but in a good way!

I've mentioned my mother before, but she has started her own business making hampers and baby gifts such as hand-knitted toys and nappy cakes. She makes her own Gingerbread Men, Chutneys and Jams. She's pretty good at it too!

This week I helped her with the Christmas fare in the local primary school, helping her attempt to sell her items. My mother is new to the idea of her very own business, so she was a little apprehensive but we got there in the end.

I loved watching the people move around each stall, all the children annoying their parents to buy them items that they could probably get at Christmas anyway and I witnessed a little girl buy things for her parents Christmas.

Now, there are two points to my rambling gibberish this week.

1 - If you have a spark to try something new, then do it. Let the flame lighten and just watch it explode into flames. Now, this sounds dangerous so allow me to give you something lighter.

Imagine you have a seed. You plant the seed in your garden. For this seed to grow and flourish, you need to water the seed, make sure it's taken care of and one day it can blossom into something beautiful, however if you don't take care of that seed and you don't water it, or take care of it, it will just remain as it's always been, a seed hidden in the ground.

Take this and follow it for 2017.

2 - Christmas is usually one of my favourite holidays, but this year it's been a little strange for me. It bothered me for months that I wouldn't have someone to share Christmas with this year. How wrong was I...

For Christmas morning, I will visit my mother, step father and brothers, and of course, Mikey (the dog). I'll spend some time there and then have dinner and drinks with my father. We'll cook the meal together, eat it and head to the pub (hopefully).

I might not have a partner to share Christmas with but I am not alone. So to my singletons out there, don't be bummed about not having someone when you have friends and family around you. Take comfort in knowing that you have them around you because not everyone has that gift at Christmas.

So, on a lighter note! Are you all looking forward to the festivities? I know I am.

I have so much planned for 2017/18 and I plan on going through with each and everyone of the plans, even if it's on my own, I'll take comfort in saying 'Hey! I did that!'

I hope your festivities are full of happiness.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment