Thursday 1 September 2016

Difficult Roads, Beautiful Destinations

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone has had a pleasant week.

So it's Thursday. The day that everyone begins to pick up their frowns and turn them upside down, while making their way closer to Friday. How have you been? Good, I hope.

This week I've had to make some pretty tough decisions. I've hurt people, and myself at the same time. This morning when I woke up half an hour before my alarm was due to ring in my ear, I instantly had the fear of stepping into my place of work. This is something that I don't feel often, maybe about twice a month, usually on a Monday.

Today I managed to get through my day, keeping busy, and yet when it started to rain, I looked outside for a moment and witness everyone rushing for shelter, fighting with umbrellas and I thought to myself, sometimes during a struggle, no matter how long it may feel, sometimes it's not about the journey, but the destination.

Someone once told me that it's not about the destination but it's the journey and who you have it with. This is all very true when the going gets good. When times get a little tough on your Thursday afternoon, always remember that it's not about the journey, but the way the journey makes you a little more tolerant of the rainy days, and when the rain clears, the day becomes a little brighter and more beautiful.

So this afternoon as I watch you all make your way to Friday, think about how you'll feel reaching the weekend. Regardless of what it is you're doing, try and smile through the rain. It helps.

So here's to optimistic Thursdays! :)

Peace.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment