Tuesday 13 September 2016

Do Something Spontaneous!

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all coping with the multiple weather changes that September has to offer in Scotland!

This week I wanted to talk about hobbies and doing something different. You know? Something that we like to keep our minds occupied with, distract our minds from the reality of life at times.

I have many hobbies outside work! I enjoy the gym, I play video games for hours on end and I enjoy Lord of the Rings and Doctor Who marathons. My hobbies vary from time to time, but they battle different moods. From being annoyed and generally moody, I like to go to the gym. To distract myself from the adult world, I play video games. Annnnd, you guessed it, to run away with the Doctor or begin an adventure with Frodo, when I feel I need to escape for 9 hours straight.

So my question to you all, what keeps you sane? What helps you distract your worries for a short while? What do you ENJOY doing? I often get asked what I don't like doing, but I prefer to hear about what others enjoy!

As the weather changes, I feel myself spending more time indoors and not enjoying the coldness in the air or the rain. This is the time of year I tend to hibernate. This year, I've decided to get out there. As much as I love the Doctor, I need to get out and grasp my own sense of adventure.

I've tried to become a better person of late. Encouraging my readers to do something exciting. These past few days, I've been struggling to get to the gym, do some reading, writing and watching something on TV. Something I need to concentrate on? Forget it. I promise I'll go back on the diet and the gym like today.... or next Tuesday....

Life gets in the way of most things that we enjoy but we must not distance ourselves from our hobbies, from the things we love! Push yourself to try something new if you get a little fed up with what you have.

My advice this week to you all? Do something spontaneous! Something that's totally out there, or even just something to try if it's 'different' you're looking for. Book a trip, take a walk down a different street to what you usually do, sit on the opposite side of the bus or train and look at a different form of scenery. Sometimes it's the little things that can get us back on track and can help us manage life in more ways than feeling angry. Speaking of anger, just remember, anger is like a piece of hot coal. The more we hold on to it, the more you get burned and the longer it takes to heal.

I hope this piece helps you through a tough time or even in the future!

And remember, please tweet me your hobbies!  @shotgunkitten_

Peace!
Cx






No comments:

Post a Comment