Sunday 9 October 2016

Anticipation

Good evening everyone,

Surprise! It's 23.35 and I'm writing to you all late at night. Mainly because I cannot sleep but also to share some thoughts with you on this night.

Now, on a Sunday, we typically relax and do as little as possible so we don't have to think about Monday and what the working week has to bring. We think about the weekend and whether it was a good or bad one. We think about the people we've met, places we've visited and even the song playing in the car on the way home.

I think in life we tend to look too much into the little things and worry about the things that haven't even happened yet. I'm guilty of that, and recently I've been trying not to do this. Take each day as it comes, I tell myself daily. I think if we look at the bigger picture, we might have a different vision of our feelings on a situation and the people involved.

I've found over the last month or so, that it's okay to have a bit of time on your own to find yourself and enjoy your own company. Yes, night time is hard because you're left with your own thoughts and feelings that you don't want to face, but I find that facing these troubles with a little courage and believing you can do this on your own.

So as I attempt to sleep, I leave you with this thought. Try and not to anticipate what will happen that particular moment. Enjoy what you can, with or without a partner. Learn to love your own company and yourself. Please never think it's selfish of you.

If you have any kind of worry, dance in the dark and enjoy the music.


Thanks
Cx x

No comments:

Post a Comment