Saturday 11 March 2017

Don't Be Afraid to Take Time Out

Hi everyone!

I'm back! 

Firstly, apologies for being so quiet. I've had a lot of demons to put back into their boxes.

The past eight months have got to be the worst I've endured. Not all of those days were bad. I had some great days but lots of those days I wish I could forget. 

I was a little disheartened about a month ago. I was told by a few people that when I write my blogs, I'm a different person and that I shouldn't be writing because I'm a hypocrite. For those who take the time to read my blogs, I thank you. I thank you for having that little bit of faith in me. For those who don't think my blogs are good enough, you're still reading them right? 

I had to take time away from friends, work and some family. I had to take time for myself. As selfish as it may sound, I urge those who are going through hard times, whether it be mentally or physically, take the time out from work, take time to discover yourself again. As much as I felt guilty for doing it, I'm a lot happier. I'm also writing again! 

I never thought I would go back to writing but I learned that no matter how much people criticize you, they still choose to read your blogs, follow your social media, and why? To make themselves feel better, 

I have recently made some hard decisions too. My job was one of them. I had to make a move into something completely different and start again in a different industry. As much as I thought about staying in the same place and just 'make it work', I decided that no matter how mentally challenging it would be to meet new people, settle into a different environment, the move would either make or break me. So far, I'm making the best of what I have. I made the right decision after doing one day in my new environment. 

Taking the steps to move is tricky, whether it be work or home. If it feels right, do it. 

The same goes for new relationships. I never thought I would meet someone who could put up with me, even through my mood swings! Most of us humans doubt ourselves, we tend to become someone else when you meet someone new, we become the person we aspire to be and eventually make ourselves miserable. 

Personally, I've learned to let that go and just be myself. I find some days where I get a little scared, but I remember the long term. I need to make myself happy before I can make someone else happy.  

It's early days, but this is the happiest I've been in four years. 

There are days where I wake up scared but happy. Change is a good thing. It feels scary and it puts a lot of people off. Stick with your gut and don't be afraid to take the time out, don't be afraid to admit that you need help and that you aren't coping at the moment. 

Start this week a fresh and if it rains, smile. Monday is just another day, take something good from each day and it will get easier. 

Have a wonderful week. 

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment